Exciting news from Tailor Birds: new tour dates to promote the launch of their new album Wide Awake I See The Storm!
Checkout the latest album review here
The band have been touring through Europe for summer over there and return to our shores to present the multi facetted live show that has been developed over the past few years.
Leader Sophie Kinston was recently interviewed and had this to add-
“I’ve just returned from a 31 date tour of Hollland, Ireland, UK, and Germany, launching this album, playing some quite amazing festivals, gigs, street shows, pop up shows, boat shows…..it was the 4th Europe tour, and now i’m back in Oz. Touring the album to some of our favorite spaces. Tailor Birds is a unique sound, so it’s really important that our shows reflect this. So we’ve got a couple of festivals – Alma’s Hem in South Australia, and FRL in VIC, plus some local markets and gigs – Bar Oussou, Queen Vic meat market, Ceres, a Melbourne Sofar Sounds gig, Sydney’s Mr Falcons and a show in the Rocks, plus a special climbing wall show over 3 dates, where we’ll actually be playing inside the wall, plus a street show outside the wall. ”
Tell us a quick, on the road or studio, anecdote. –
“The Azart Ship of Fools. I played on this boat in Holland just this past tour. The inside was thick with steel, and the sound when pushed up a level, it reverberated beautifully. The people on the boat are some of the most amazing humans, promoting new and unique music, music that entertains and thrills. You can’t not have a good gig there. The sound became less about the songs, and more about the vibe, it sort of became other worldly. Must have been my best gig of the tour. The boat, incidentally is headed for Australia, so it seems. From Holland, they head to India, the Canary Islands, and then Australia. ”
Get the album here:
Find a date near you below and ticket information will be available soon!
- Nov 12th – Alma’s Hem Annual Music exhibition Adelaide SA
- Nov 13th – Market shed on Holland Adelaide SA
- Nov 18th – Meat Market – Sparrow Market 11am – 1pm VIC
- Wilson Ave Climbing Wall in Melbourne VIC: -
- DATES : Sat 19 th / Sun 20 th / Sun 27 th Nov
TIMES : Come anytime from 4 – 6.30pm on any of the above dates
(WITH a final show, Sun 27th Nov, 7 – 8pm)
TIX : $10 p/person, TIX avail. at the wall on the day
OR email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov 20th – South Melbourne Market – 10 – 12midday VIC
- Thurs 24th Nov – Bar Oussou, Melbourne VIC
- Sat 26th – Sofar Sounds, Melbourne VIC
- Dec 2nd – 4th – FRL festival, VIC
- Dec 8th – solo show – Mr Falcons, Glebe, Sydney NSW
- Dec 9th – duo show – Mr Falcons, Glebe, Sydney NSW
- Dec 10th & 11th – Rocks market, The Rocks Sydney NSW
Checkout this video of one of the ‘Pop Up” shows in London.
Connect with Tailor Birds!