The new single Silence Creeping is Due out March 2nd but you can checkout the stunning new video right now as it was premiered recently on Whatsmyscene.com
With the girls already on tour here’s some little known facts the girls have recently divulged….
Ten Things You Never Knew About Hussy Hicks
- Hussy Hicks started out as a three piece, playing a residency in a bar in the Middle East with Julz, Leesa, and Leesa’s sister, Kristy
- The original three members of Hussy hicks, Julz, Leesa, and Kristy, recently got the band back together to feature in ABC for Kid’s TV series “Get Grubby TV” as Dirt Girls’ all girl band, encouraging kids to get outside, be creative, gros things, and be less wasteful.
- Both Leesa and Julz started playing music as tweens, playing a similar circuit of pub venues around NSW and SE Qld from the ages of 11 and 13, yet never crossed paths until they were in their early 20’s.
- Aside from music, Hussy Hicks’ current obsessions are:
- Julz – Astronomy, cheese, and crypto currencies
- Leesa – fermenting, fermenting, fermenting
- Julz and Leesa did a stint as “artists in residence” for five months in Dachau, Germany where the only phrase they managed to learn in Bavarian dialect directly translates as “Hello old sausage skin”
- Leesa was a signed country music starlet with a record contract with ABC Country and a songwriting deal with Warner/Chappell Publishing at age 17. When she was 18, she appeared in a Rolling Stone feature on the rising stars of Australian country music.
- Sinead O’Connor once said, “This is Julz – She’s the funniest f*cker you’ll ever meet,”
- While touring in australia, Hussy Hicks usually trip around in their old Hiace camper van, and often still choose parking out under the stars over posh hotel rooms. On their first tour of the USA in 2006 they hired a Ford F250 van and drove it thousands of miles ending up in situations that certainly can’t be condensed into a point form article!
- The infamous Hussy Hicks bass player “Tracy Bassy” has been playing with Julz and Leesa since well before the band got together, though doesn’t like photo shoots, video shoots, or any kind of extra publicity.
- Out of Julz and Leesa’s combined 6 siblings, 4 have been gigging members of Hussy Hicks at some stage.
Although they’ve been playing together since 2005, February 2018 marks ten years since Gold Coast act Hussy Hicks released their first album and undertook their first National Tour. It’s been an amazing decade with the release of five full length albums, many circumnavigations of the globe, playing countless gigs in the US and Europe as well as pretty much every festival and town in Australia.
To celebrate this landmark the girls are starting their National Single Release Tour in WA and then across the East Coast for a string of gigs from February and stretching all the way into June.
Complete Australian dates
17-18 Feb Boyup Brook Country Music Festival WA
20 Feb – Perth Blues Club WA
21 Feb – Mojo’s Fremantle WA
22 Feb – Settlers Tavern Margaret River WA
23 Feb – Karma Rottnest WA
24 Feb – South West Blues Club WA
25 Feb – Redcliffe on the Murray, Pinjarra WA
1 March – Live at the Backlot, Perth WA
2 and 3 March – Nannup Music Festival WA
4 March – Clancy’s Fish Pub Dunsborough WA
9,10,11 March Port Fairy Folk Festival VIC
14 March – Open Studio Northcote VIC
15 March – Republic Br Hobart TAS
16, 17 March – Forth Festival TAS
23rd March Currumbin Soundlounge QLD
25th March – Stag and Hunter, Newcastle NSW
6 April – Royal Mail Goodna QLD
15 April – Bleach Festival – Gold Coast QLD
May 3 – Surfers Paradise Live Festival (Gold Coast Music Awards)
May 6 – Surfers Paradise Live Festival
8-10 June Peak Festival Perisher NSW
Current Album ‘On The Boundaries’